Recognized nationally for the 25th consecutive year, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. The driving criteria of the award program is "to prepare comprehensive annual financial reports that evidence the spirit of transparency and full disclosure." This award is the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial management reporting; with only approximately 4-5% of 89,000 local governments nationwide receiving this recognition.
The City is audited annually by an independent auditing firm and currently under contract with Martin Starnes and Associates, CPAs, P.A. In conjunction with the audit process, Finance staff prepare the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
The City operates on a July 1st to June 30th fiscal year. After the close of the June 30th fiscal yearend and an extensive independent audit process conducted in late summer and early fall, the CAFR is finalized and available in November.
The CAFR is divided into several different sections. To help orient, the primary sections are listed below with a brief description, as well as the ability to download the complete document:
- Table of Contents [PDF] to guide you in accessing the 240 page financial document
- Introductory Section [PDF] includes the Transmittal Letter to review key factors affecting financial health
- Financial Section [PDF] includes Independent Auditor's Report, Management's Discussion and Analysis, complete set of audited financial statements and footnote disclosures essential to understand the data
- Statistical Section [PDF] includes multi-year information to aid in assessing overall long-term financial health
- Compliance Section [PDF] includes auditor's reports on internal control and grant compliance schedules
- COMPLETE CAFR [PDF] to download the comprehensive annual financial report in its entirety.
Requests for information regarding Annual Financial Report
Questions regarding the City's competitive selection of the independent auditing firm or the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report should be directed to the Director of Finance.
Archived Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports