The City is phasing in new rollout yard waste carts. Tuesday's collection day is the first to try
out the new brown carts, which are being delivered to those citizens in mid to late January. The first pickup is scheduled for February 6th and it is FREE!
Pickups will continue weekly on your regular garbage pickup day.
The Yard Waste Cart Program is another way to beautify the City and protect storm drains; while providing citizens with a convenient way to dispose of yard waste. Watch the video below to learn more about how to properly load yard waste into the rollout.
Note: Seasonal leaf collection is not affected by this new program.
If you would like alerts delivered to your mailbox when there are changes to your recycling and waste collection services, please sign up for e-news here.Materials you may put in the brown yard waste carts:
What to leave OUT of the carts:
- Small branches, sticks, shrubbery clippings and garden residue
How to set your cart at the curb:
- No garbage
- No dirt
- No construction material
- No animal waste
- No bags or boxes
- Set the cart at the curb with the arrows pointing to the street, as indicated on the lid
- Carts should be placed out of the roadway and away from mailboxes, fire hydrants, parked cars, and light poles
- Leave space between your green garbage cart(s), blue recycling cart(s), and brown yard waste cart
- Yard waste is collected on your regular recycling and waste collection day, unless service is modified during a holiday week.